With the rapid increase in the number of people connecting to the Internet, the security threats that causes substantial harm are also increasing. Navidium has developed a protocol to deal with cyber security matters and to avoid misuse of data and potential data thefts.
Some of the measures in place for all Navidium solutions are:
- A new telemetry network would be configured on board the vessel segregated from existing business network. No communication between business and telemetry network by default.
- Controlled secure access to telemetry server from shore by Navidium.
- Direct connection of PCs/devices on telemetry network to dedicated telemetry switch in Shipsat/communication cabinet, no local switch in different locations for security control.
- Any telemetry network communication with business network or internet must be specifically requested, approved.
- Firewall rules to restrict data base access.
- Databases are tightly secured to help satisfy most regulatory or security requirements, including HIPAA, ISO 27001/27002, and PCI DSS Level 1.